April 3rd, 2020
“We will face uncertainty with hope, sadness with joy, fear with courage and pessimism with optimism.” — Ambassador to the USA Francisco Santos
‘Helping Is Good for Us’ Initiative: Supporting the Most Vulnerable
· The First Lady of Colombia, María Juliana Ruiz, has launched the #AyudarNosHaceBien (Helping Is Good for Us) initiative to unite Colombians and friends in the United States and around the world in the effort to help the most vulnerable during this challenging time.
· In just a few days, the campaign has already raised over $3,000 million pesos and purchased 25,000 grocery parcels for Colombian families in need.
· To join this worldwide effort to help the most vulnerable, please visit Fundación Solidaridad por Colombia (monetary donations) and iNNpulsa Colombia (in-kind – non-monetary – contributions).
Click above to hear from First Lady María Juliana Ruiz about the initiative.
New Measures to Protect and Support Colombians
· Colombia continues to work in unity and solidarity to overcome the COVID-19 pandemic, including by:
o Providing 2.6 million families with direct financial support through the new “Familias En Acción” (“Families In Action”) program.
o Delivering 1 million parcels of groceries through the new “Colombia está contigo” (“Colombia Is With You”) initiative.
o Launching the “Entrepreneur for Employment” program to provide protective equipment to safeguard healthcare workers and generate jobs to help mitigate the economic impacts of COVID-19.
o Protecting the most vulnerable by prohibiting the eviction of families residing in rented properties during the period of declaration of emergency and the following two months.
Click here for more information on measures Colombia has put in place to address COVID-19.
Click here for more information on measures specific to trade and investment.
Share Your Messages of Hope and Optimism
· Using the hashtag #ColombiaUnidaySolidaria, we ask you to share your stories of hope and optimism: what you are doing to entertain your children; new foods you may be cooking; a great book you have discovered that helps put your mind at ease.
Click above to hear from Ambassador Santos about the initiative.